5 Must Haves When Touring the Sydney Region by Car
The best way to tour the Sydney Region is by car. You can experience the freedom and independence of the open road when you book car hire in Sydney. The following are the 5 ”must haves” when travelling in the Sydney area by car.
1) No trip can be planned without a good map. Make sure you get your hands on a good map to plan out and help you complete your itinerary.
2) A Satellite Navigation system or GPS system is also a must. You can request this at the time of booking your car hire. Whether you’re travelling south on the Princess Highway or north on the Pacific Highway, whatever your direction from Sydney, a good GPS system will help you on your way.
3) A valid drivers licence should be with you at all times. Make sure you have it with you when collecting your car rental – you’re also required to have it with you when driving anywhere in Australia.
4) You must have a good knowledge of the rules of the road when driving abroad. Be sure to familiarise yourself with any local restrictions and driving laws in Australia. The restrictions and rules can sometimes be very different to what you are used to when driving in your home country.
In Australia driving is on the left hand side and you must obey all road signage. Look out for different road markings and signs, parking zones and speed limits. For further details on the rules of the road in Australia please check out The Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure website.
5) It’s a good idea to have a checklist with you when collecting your car rental. Ensure you have a vehicle that is in proper working order. Make sure there’s no existing damage to the car, take time to walk around the vehicle and look for any visible faults.
Take a look at our article Collecting your hire car in Sydney – Things you need to know.
Ensure you know what your car rental includes.
And remember not all car rental companies include the following:
3rd Party Insurance.
Vehicle Damage Cover (to a fixed amount).
Airport & Location Taxes.
24-hour Roadside Assistance.
All that’s left to do now is to hire a car! Check out our car hire in Sydney page. You can choose from a large fleet of cars at excellent rates and receive instant confirmation.
If you have any top tips for ”must haves” when touring Australia, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a message in the comment box below.