Florida: 10 Attractions You Need To Visit
Florida is universally known as the “Sunshine State” and there’s no shortage of things to do here – from exciting theme parks to sun kissed golden beaches and there’s even a space centre! We’ve put together a list of Florida’s 10 most famous places to visit. Read on for more…
· Walt Disney World: No trip to Florida would be complete without checking out the ever popular Walt Disney World – and it’s not only for kids! There are 4 world famous theme parks to discover at Walt Disney World – Disney MGM Studios, Magic Kingdom, The Animal Kingdom and Epcot, as well as 2 water parks where you can spend your days splashing about.
· Florida Keys: This is where car hire comes in very handy! These islands begin about 15 miles south of the capital of Florida. A drive around the region will afford you some of the most stunning seascapes and views on the planet. Each of the five keys has its own tourist attractions. The five keys are as follows: Islamorada, Key Largo, Big Pine Key, Key West and Marathon. Don’t forget to pack the camera!
· Fort Lauderdale Beach: Top up the tan here and enjoy 7 miles of stunning beaches. There are plenty of watersports and beach sports to savour, from jet skiing to boating and scuba diving. The area is also known for its perennially populated promenade that’s jam packed with shops, entertainment, snack bars & restaurants.
· South Beach: South Beach is actually part of Miami Beach – you might even catch a glimpse of a celebrity or two while you’re here! It’s also shopper’s haven, with plenty of exclusive boutiques and shopping malls to browse through, just in case you get tired of lounging on the beach!
· NASA’s Kennedy Space Center: You can learn all about the mechanics of space travel here on Florida’s east coast, halfway between Jacksonville and Miami. At the visitor centre, you can see some wonderful space exploration films, learn about the history of space travel on the massive screens as well as visit a real size Space Shuttle model!
· Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: There’s no shortage of things to do here, from pleasure rides to the zoo and the Serengeti Safari. It’s a fantastic family day out! It’s probably best to take the Thrill Seeker Tour, where your guide will bring you to the front on all of the top rides! The Animal Adventre tour is also a wonderful place to see the splendour of the animal kingdom.
· Daytona International Speedway: Located in the Daytona Beach area, the Speedway is known as the World Racing Centre. Covering an area of almost 500 acres, the motor sport arena is probably best known for the Daytona 500. You can enjoy exciting race events such as the Pepsi 400 and the Gatorade Duel.
· Historic Saint Augustine: For a spot of culture, take a trip to the oldest city in the USA, which was founded in 1565. It’s easy enough to get to from Orlando and Jacksonville. There’s a really historic atmosphere here as well as plenty of museums, cafes, shops and charming restaurants. You can even take a trip around the city in a horse drawn carriage!
· Sea World Orlando: Another fantastic family day out with plenty of rides, attractions and shows to enjoy! There’s a 4-acre playground called Shamu Happy Harbor. You’ll also see plenty of sea life including a baby killer whale and a stunning night show called “Sea World at Night”.
· Gatorland: Set on 100 acres, this theme park is known as the “Alligator Capital of the World”. The nature conservatory offers visitors a chance to view the mighty creatures and their living patterns, and you can avail of guided walks along the many swamps. There’s also a live alligator show!
Find out more about Florida Attractions.
Travelling to Florida this year? By far the best way to get around is by car. If you haven’t booked your car hire yet take a look at our car hire Florida page.
What’s your favourite Florida attraction? As always we’d love to hear from you.