Top 10 Things For Kids To Do in Lanzarote
The island of Lanzarote is part of the Canary Islands, and the most easterly one, situated just 125 km from the African coast. This sun kissed island owes its origins to volcanic activity and is a wonderful vacation destination for both adults and children alike.
We have compiled a list of the Top 10 Things to entertain the kids whilst you are on holiday in Lanzarote – please read on for more…
1. Take a trip to Timanfaya National Park. The kids will be amazed with a trip to Timanfaya, and it will be both educational and fun! The Park owes its formation to the volcanic activity of the 1730′s that covered the island in ashes and volcanic debris. The activity left behind around 100 craters that form a major part of Timanfaya National Park. No need to worry about any eruptions nowadays, the last recorded activity was in 1824! Why not take the time to examine the weird and wonderful moonlike landscape with a guided tour, take a ride on camel’s back, or visit the “El Diablo” restaurant, where food dishes are prepared by utilising the geothermal heat that emerges from the earth!
2. Enjoy a Lanzarote Submarine Safari with the kids! Based from Puerto Calero, a safari on the wonderful “Yellow Submarine” will give the kids a wonderful insight into marine life. The spacious sea vehicle is specially designed for terrific underwater viewing, and it dives to the sea floor of the Atlantic, where it stays for an hour – giving ample time to kids to marvel at the wonder of Lanzarote’s marine life!
3. Enjoy Go Karting in Lanzarote. Located around 2km from Arrecife Airport, this is a marvellous days entertainment for the kids with excellent go karts in a safe environment.
4. Take a trip to the Beach! If you are tired of travelling to the many attractions on the island with the kids in tow, you can also spend some time on one of the island’s 93 beaches! Lanzarote has wonderful beaches of white, golden or black sand. There are great opportunities for watersports such as surfing and sailboarding. The main beach of the island is Playa Grande, which is in the Puerto del Carmen area. The El Reducto beach is situated in the capital of Arrecife. Find out more about Lanzarote’s Beaches.
5. Enjoy a Catamaran Sailing Trip! The kids will love a sailing expedition on a catamaran boat. They can take part with the crew in the sailing of the ship and raising of the sails! And when the boat stops at Papagayo they can learn how to snorkel and take a thrilling jet ski ride! Find out more about Catamaran Sailing in Lanzarote.
6. Visit Aquapark Lanzarote. This is the only water park on the island, and guaranteed to enthrall the younger members of the family! Aquapark is located just outside Costa Teguise on the road to Tahiche.
7. Take a trip to the Rancho Texas Theme Park and the kids will enjoy the wild west themed attractions and the wonderful zoo here. They will be mesmerised with all the different animal species, ranging from baby ponies to buffaloes!
8. Enjoy Day Trips around Lanzarote. Get out and explore the island by car, there is so much to see and do, and some wonderful day trips to savour. Read our article on the Top Driving Tours of Lanzarote for some food for thought! Whether it’s the Green North or the Volcanic South you wish to discover and explore, adults and kids alike will love the wonderful landscape.
9. Visit Guinate Tropical Park, which is located to the north of the island, near the village of Maguez. The huge theme park offers lakes, waterfalls, tropical gardens and a fantastic collection of bird life, from cockatoos to flamingoes to keep the children amused. during their visit.
10. Explore the Canarian Cetacean Museum at Puerto Calero. The kids will be attracted to learning all about whales and dolphins, and interacting with them through the various exhibitions!
Lanzarote is a perfect place for a relaxing and rewarding family holiday so maybe you should get planning that holiday today! Find out more about Lanzarote Tourism.
The best way to explore the island of Lanzarote is to hire a car. Visit our Car Hire Lanzarote page for the very best deals in car rental!
Have you enjoyed a holiday in Lanzarote in the past? What did you think of it? Were there plenty of activities that the kids could enjoy? If you wish to add more activities for children to this list feel free to do so – we welcome your comments!