5 Good Reasons To Holiday In Playa Del Ingles
Playa del Ingles (translated as “English Beach”) is a resort town that is located on the south coast of Gran Canaria. It is a destination that continues to be popular, and its attractions are many! We have put together 5 good reasons why to choose Playa del Ingles as your next holiday destination. Interested? Please read on for more…
· Great Location: One of the keys to the attractiveness of this destination is its location. It is so easy to get to Playa del Ingles – as it lies just 30 minutes drive from Las Palmas airport. The destination is linked through the old highway linking Puerto de Mogán and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and with the new GC1 superhighway which has an interchange to the north. The location makes for perfect sunny weather – being to the south of Gran Canaria island!
· The Wonderful Beach: Playa del Ingles has a wonderful 7km long beach that has tall sand dunes created from sand specially imported from the Sahara Desert. You can enjoy a great family day at the beach there and try some exciting watersports which range from wind surfing to scuba diving or you can simply lounge in the stunning sunshine! The beach is long and wide with clean and golden sand. Playa del Ingles is an all year round holiday destination – it has pleasant hot summers and warm winters!
· Exciting Nightlife: At Playa del Ingles you can party until dawn in the resort’s lively bars and clubs. You will find that the most exciting nightlife on Gran Canaria is to be found here. There are so many pubs, bars, discos and nightclubs just waiting to be explored. If you head to the Kasbah Centre you will find the busiest area with many clubs to choose from including Cream and Pascha. There is also a casino in the resort so you can enjoy a gamble!
· Great Shopping: No holiday is complete without shopping – and one of the perks of shopping in Gran Canaria is that a lot of goods are nearly tax-free. The best places for shopping in the resort are the Kasbah in the Plaza del Teide, and the Yumbo Centre of Avenida de Espana. There are plenty of fashion boutiques and high street stores here. If you are looking for holiday momentos check out the Indian Bazaar, and also the Fernado Market which is on Wedesday and Saturday.
· Plenty to See and Do Nearby: Remember that Playa del Ingles is a man-made holiday destination, so there are not going to be many architectural landmarks here! The Paseo Costa Canaria is the promenade at the resort and here there are plenty of trees and scenic floral gardens to be found here. The nearby ocean around the whole island of Gran Canaria offers great conditions for whale and dolphin watching. Beyond Maspalomas there is an eighteen hole golf course called Maspalomas Club de Golf located in a nature reserve.
The ever popular Aqualand Aquasur is to be found near the holiday resort. With plenty of slides including the Tornado this has great appeal to children and adults!
Playa des Ingles is a perfect place to base yourself in to explore Inland Gran Canaria. Stunning scenery and charming old world villages are waiting to be explored. Why not take a jeep safari to Mount Tejeda and explore this wonderful area. So basing yourself in this resort pretty much gives you the key to the delights of the island of Gran Canaria.
Find out more about Playa del Ingles.
So there you have it – 5 good reasons why you should choose Playa del Ingles as your next holiday destination! The best way to discover the area and the whole of Gran Canaria is to hire a car, so you have the freedom and flexibility to get around at your leisure. Visit our Car Hire Gran Canaria page for instant confirmation on your car hire reservation.
Been to Playa del Ingles before? What did you think of it as a holiday destination? Have you anything you would like to recommend about Playa del Ingles to our readers? If you have any travel tips for the area please let us know in the comments section below. We welcome your comments!