10 Things You Must Do In Orlando
The location of Orlando, in the sunshine state of Florida, in the south east of the USA, attracts over fifty million visitors each year! Yes that’s right. There is so much to see and do in Orlando, but probably little time to cram everything in, so we are giving you some ideas – read on for more about the 10 things you must consider seeing in Orlando during your vacation…
· Explore the magic of Walt Disney World: This is the biggest and most visited entertainment resort in the world. It is located at Lake Buena Vista and the Bay Lake in Florida, less than 40 miles south of Florida. You will be spoilt for choice here – you could spend a holiday in itself here. There are four themed parks, hotels, shopping, eateries, amusement parks and recreation centres.
· Enjoy the Fun at Universal Orlando Resort: this is Orlando’s second biggest theme park resort. You can enjoy the magic of two wonderful theme parks – Universal Studios Florida and The Islands of Adventure.
· Check out Discovery Cove: This theme park gives the visitors interaction with a whole range of marine animals. Enjoy swimming with the fantastic and playful bottlenose dolphins, and view the exotic fish from the tropics, and wonderful birdlife.
· Enjoy A Thrilling Airboat Ride on Boggy Creek: Enjoy a thrill a minute airboat trip on Boggy Creek Orlando. Through this tour of the wetlands of Florida’s centre, you will get an eagle eye view of the weird and wonderful animals such as snakes, alligators, turtles, and eagles!
· Visit Gatorland: Gatorland Theme Park and Wildlife Preserve is located outside Orlando on the South Orange Blossom Trail in the Orange County of Florida. Gatorland is 110 acres in size and includes crocodile, alligator and reptiles on display and their marvellous shows! The legendary Swamp Walk’ is not for the faint hearted!
· Get drenched at Wet ‘N Wild: This is a fantastic water park, and widely regarded as one of the first in the USA when it was founded in 1972.
· Orlando Museum of Art: This is one of the finest art museums around and it was founded in the early 1920s. This museum had exhibitions featuring local, regional and artworks from all over the world. One of the most impressive collections is the African Art Collection which features artwork made primarily from woods. In fact, the artefacts at this Museum date from 2000 BC.The museum exhibits local, regional, national and international works of art. It features portraits & landscapes, impressionist art works, and works of the ancient art of the Native American Indians.
· Be enthralled at Sea World: Sea World is located less than 20 minutes south from Orlando. You will encounter awesome and frightening sharks on the Shark Encounter’, along with mammals from the Arctic including Polar Bears, the Walrus, and killer whales. Some of the themed rides you can enjoy are the Kraken Rollercoaster Ride!
· The Holy Land Experience: This attraction opened just ten years ago and it offers a theme park experience with a real difference. The museum transports you back to the time when Jesus Christ lived on earth and describes life in the New Testament times. At the museum here you will see a re-creation of the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. There is also a replica of Jerusalem around the 1st Century AD, and the Tomb of Calvary.
· Experience Orlando Nightlife: You haven’t been to Orlando unless you sample the throbbing and exciting nightlife. If you like to party and dance then you should head to Orange Avenue and the Central Boulevard. There are plenty of pubs and clubs here to suit all tastes. Both the Disney Resorts and City Walks at the Universal Studios Resorts are widely recommended.
Hope you enjoyed our guide to the best of Orlando! The quickest and best way to get from attraction to attraction in Orlando is to avail of a top quality, value for money car rental. For the top deals in vehicle, check out our Car Rental Orlando Airport page.
Have you been to Orlando? What did you think of our list of attractions? If you have anything to add to the list do let us know. As always we welcome your comments!